THE ORTHODOX CHURCH THE HOLY SPIRIT COMFORTER
Location: Oradea, 37A Alexandru Cazaban Street
Located in one of the new neighborhoods of Oradea, North Ioşia, The Holy Spirit Comforter Church is one of the Orthodox churches built after the fall of communism in 1989.
The foundation of the ecclesiastical building was laid in 1992 on on the grounds given in concession by Oradea City Hall. 21 years later the Church celebrates its patron, The Holy Spirit Comforter, on 23.06.2013. The year of building the Church is 2008.
The Church has the shape of Roman cross, with unequal arms, the length of 36.75 m and the width of 19.75 m. The foundation, the elevation, the dome and the arch are made from reinforced concrete, the masonry of solid brick, the roof boarding of wood and the roof made of zinc coated sheet.
In the inside, it is still working on the paintings, the furniture and the heating system. Also, on the frontage it is working on mosaic paintings. The yard and the fence that hedges the Church are still in the process of arrangement.
One of the attractions of the church interior is multistoried chandelier installed here in February 2015.
Other tourist attractions nearby:
- ”Ioșia Nord” Sports Facility (”Antonio Alexe” Sports Hall, tennis courts) (Calea Alexandru Cazaban)
- Football fields
- Ioșia thermal water pools (Str. Cazaban nr. 49)
- Nevis Wellness & SPA Oradea (Str. Lăpușului nr. 2)
- ”Don Orione” Mini ZOO (Calea Alexandru Cazaban nr. 49/E)
- Greek Catholic Church “All Saints Sunday” (Calea Alexandru Cazaban nr. 49/E)